10 Best locations for engagement photos in St pete and Tampa…
I love my hometown and wanted to share some of my favorite spots for engagement photographs in St Pete and Tampa areas. No matter what you are looking for, I believe we have limitless options for fun and colorful engagement photos. Couldn’t imagine a better place to be, especially in my world of wedding and engagement photography.
In no particular order, here are some of my top spots for engagement photos.
- Sunset Beach : Not only is sunset beach a lot quieter than most of the public beaches on the west coast, it also offers a beautiful boardwalk that is always fun to capture contrasting greens of overgrown mangroves and a beautiful rock jetty at the end of the beachside. (https://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/profile/sunset-beach/1983)
- Downtown St Petersburg Art District : I love the new art popping up all over St Petersburg. The art district is vibrant and perfect for an engagement session with a little more color and creativity as your vision. (http://www.stpete.org/arts_and_culture/arts_districts.php)
- Straub Park and Vinoy Park : Not only do you have the beautiful backdrop of the city but also the waterfront and St Petersburg Yacht and Sailboats to enjoy. I truly love the massive Banyan trees which speak to St Petes amazing history downtown. (http://www.stpeteparksrec.org/vinoy-park.html)
- City of Tampa and Oxford Exchange : The city of Tampa Mural always makes me smile as it encompasses so much of how cool this city really is. Always exciting to play with the street art in and around the city. Oxford is another beautiful spot with coffee, books, and a staircase that always draws my eye for engagement photography. (https://oxfordexchange.com/)
- Pass a Grille beaches : Pass a grille is another west coast beach that is much quieter than some of the more public areas such as Clearwater and St Pete beach. At the very southern tip of the island, there are always views of dolphins, splashing waves from the fishing pier, and if you are lucky at low tide, you can actually climb out onto the rocks and enjoy sunset from a stunning private view all to yourselves. (http://visitpassagrille.com)
- Curtis Hixon Park and Riverwalk Tampa : If you are looking for the Iconic Tampa area that boasts amazing views of the University of Tampa across the waterfront, this is your spot. I love walking around the fountain areas and even stopping for pizza has become a big hit for my Tampa engagement sessions. (https://www.visittampabay.com/listings/curtis-hixon-waterfront-park/7676/)
- Ybor City : The best part of Ybor for me is the old brick everywhere. (and I can never stay away from a cocktail over at Columbia…Columbia Restaurants Sangria is a perfect pairing for an Ybor engagement) If you are into cool Cuban culture and even a good cigar, this is your spot. Beware of the chickens though. They are a major part of Ybors history and come with big fines if you try and disturb their world. (https://yborcityonline.com/about/) (http://www.columbiarestaurant.com)
- Sunken Gardens : If you love old florida and that feeling of nature surrounding you, Sunken Gardens is one of a kind. This beautiful garden is located right outside of downtown st pete and is filled with waterfalls, coy ponds, and every native Florida plant I know. (http://www.stpete.org/attractions/sunken_gardens/weddings.php)
- Dali Museum : This epic building comes with not only ridiculously fun architecture but also a short walk to Mahaffey theatre. Both provide a variety of options for amazing engagement photos. Its fun to think that it holds the largest collection of Dali artifacts and art outside of Europe. (https://thedali.org)
- Sacred Lands : This hidden gem in the small historic neighborhood of Jungle Prada is one of the coolest places to photograph both weddings and engagement shoots. It is so fascinating to see the untouched history and this place is filled with colorful peacocks which always pose for a few photos while showing off their gorgeous blue and green feathers. (http://www.sacredlandspreservationandeducation.org/tours.aspx)
- Station House : Every room of this place has its own magic for engagement photos. The owners are so accommodating and truly love their community. There are endless possibilities for creative and epic shots inside this fantastic downtown St. Petersburg space. (http://stationhousestpete.com)
- Cycle Brewing and Hops and Props :OK, so I made it 12 of my favorite spots… because who can pass up an amazing craft beer along the way before, during, or after your engagement photos? I love getting to know my couples and what better way than over a great local craft beer? Cheers to you and congrats on your engagement! Cant wait to meet you! (https://cyclebrewing.com/) (http://www.hopsprops.com/) If you’d like to have a beer or possibly book an engagement session shoot me a quick email at email@example.com or reach out : 7274080462